Using customer reviews in marketing & advertising is an important marketing tactic. It will help businesses and websites build authority for their brand. Today we are going to discuss ways to implement reviews in your marketing & advertising efforts.
Is it Legal To Use Reviews In Your Marketing & Advertising?
Absolutely! But make sure you do it right, every country may have specific guidelines. Respawn is based in the U.S.A so we will link to the United States FTC PDF here for our readers: https://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/attachments/press-releases/ftc-publishes-final-guides-governing-endorsements-testimonials/091005revisedendorsementguides.pdf.
Ultimately here are the things you need to look out for and avoid when using reviews in marketing & advertising:
- The reviews not modified from the original.
- The reviews not paid for.
- The review is modified from its original context.
- If reviews are paid for, it must be clearly stated.
When using Reviews On Social Media & 3RD Party Websites, follow these guidelines.
- Make the design fit the platform you plan to use the review on. For example, don’t copy and paste the text of a review on Instagram in an image. Make the Image visually appealing, possibly even use video to portray the review in a way that will trigger engagement.
- Don’t make the review look “spam.” Ensure the review flows naturally on the platform or website you plan to include it in.
Things you should consider when using reviews in marketing & Advertising
Endorsements must reflect honest reviews, findings, beliefs, or experiences of the user. Reviews should not communicate implied representation that could be construed as dishonest. Especially when attempting to use reviews in advertising.
While we do recommend using reviews exactly where applicable, it is not always required. Some of the reason to not use reviews exactly is:
- Poor Grammar.
- Extremely Long.
- You do not misrepresent the opinion or experience of the review.
If you need help or have questions about this subject to not hesitate to contact our team directly so we can discuss Using Customer Reviews In Marketing & Advertising.